Artisans Association of Ghana (AAG) is a social enterprise and a hub of skill workers in the construction sector that enable sustainable livelihoods for men, women and youth in the informal sector (train and upgrade its members) and match them to available jobs
The construction industry has increasingly become important and core to the nation’s economy. The Association has members serving the Greater Accra, Volta region, Western Region, and Ashanti Region with a goal to expand nationwide.
In collaboration with NVTI, COTVET, and other training providers,we train in demand driven trade skills such as Masonry, Electricals, plumbing, Steel Bending, Welding, Tiling, Landscaping, etc.
There are also specialized skills programmes for supervisors and Engineers. These skills programmes have made direct and measurable impacts in increasing on-site productivity levels, reducing wastage on site, improving safety standards and coordination at work.
- Identify projects with economic potentials that can generate employment for as many artisans as possible.
- To upgrade artisans with modern technologies and expose them to the job market.
- Train and build interest in disadvantaged youth to become artisans.
- Collaborate with other organizations both locally and internationally, district and municipal assemblies, ministries and other private entities to source for funds for the youth to start up their business.
- Collaborate with other organizations both nationally and internationally to empower the youth to setup their business.